PAWPAW'S MESSAGES TO MY GRANDSONS 54 - Train Massages

PAWPAW'S  MESSAGES TO MY GRANDSONS 54 - Train Massages

Pawpaw loves Bryson, Connor and Archer!


Train Massages

 

   When I was in Kindergarten, my parents rented a tiny house on an alley named Rear West Main Street. West Main Street was the nearest street. Instead of giving our alley with four houses and a power station on it a name of its own, someone decided to just add the word rear to West Main Street.

   Our tiny house was probably less than 800 square feet total. In that tiny footprint, the house included four tiny bedrooms, one bathroom, a tiny living room and a very cramped kitchen with barely enough room for a table and chairs. Fortunately, the house included a screened room between the kitchen and garage. It was twice as big as our living room. On the floor of the screened room was a large piece of wood that could be lifted to reveal a stairway that led to the underground basement which held the furnace that provided heat during the freezing Ohio Winters.

   Less than one hundred yards behind our house were two sets of railroad tracks. When trains sped by, our house would shake. The house even shook when the trains blew their powerful horns. I loved watching the trains speed by. I loved listening to the sound of the wheels squealing as their metal connected with the metal train tracks. I loved the chunk-chunk, chunk-chunk sound that the trains made even though I never knew how.

   Best of all, I loved the feeling of our trembling, shaking home late at night right after I heard the blaring train horn announce itself from the dark. My tiny bed in my tiny bedroom in our tiny house felt like my own personal massage bed when the trains sped past.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAWPAW'S MESSAGES TO MY GRANDSONS 68 - Connor and Bryson in a fish tank!

PAWPAW'S MESSAGES TO MY GRANDSONS 35 - LGBTQ Pride

PAWPAW'S MESSAGES TO MY GRANDSONS 79 - My Favorite T-Shirts Are Gathering Dust