My Favorite T-Shirts Are Gathering Dust
By Steven Skelley
My favorite t-shirts are gathering dust
Stacked neatly on top of each other
There on the lowest shelf in my closet
I see them as I open the door
Grandpas and Grandsons are best friends forever
Old t-shirts are all I have left of you
My favorite t-shirts are gathering dust
My heart breaks each time I see them
I wish they were on my chest right now
Telling you how much I love you
Grandpas and Grandsons are best friends forever
Old t-shirts are all I have left of you
My favorite t-shirts are gathering dust
I used to wear them every day
My favorite people call me Pawpaw, one says
But they all mean something like that
Grandpas and Grandsons are best friends forever
Old t-shirts are all I have left of you
My favorite t-shirts are gathering dust
Staring at me from the stack on the shelf
Grandpas and Grandsons are best friends forever
Old t-shirts are all I have left of you
Grandpas and Grandsons are best friends forever
Old t-shirts are all I have left of you
Copyright 2023 Steven Skelley
Pawpaw loves you forever Connor, Bryson and Archer!

No comments:
Post a Comment